SPEAKING 2 (THE WEATHER)


 THE WEATHER
(CUACA)


Mr. Todd             : my wife is coming home now. I hear her at the door. Hello, Merry. I want you to meet my friend, Mr. Manning.
Mrs. Todd            : how do you do, Mr. Manning.
Mr. Manning       : how do you do, Mrs. Todd. I’m  glad to meet you. Your husband is showing me your home. It’s very nice.
Mrs. Todd            : thank you. We like it. We enjoy our yard too. We have two gardens at the back, there we grow some flowers and vegetables. Do you want to see our gardens?
Mr. Manning       : yes, thank you. I like flowers very much. Is the weather ood for your garden?
Mr. Todd             : yes, it’s very good. In spring we have a lot of rain. Some flowers begin to grow very early.
Mr. Manning       : do you have vegetables early too?
Mrs. Todd            : yes, we have a lot vegetables in early summer. It rains very little then. The weatheris warm, and the sun shines every day. In autumn the nights are cold.
Mr. Manning       : do you like winter weather. Mrs. Todd?
Mrs. Todd            : no. I like warm weather.
Mr. Todd             : my wife likes three seasons – spring, summer, and autumn. She likes to spend a lot of time in her garden.
Mr. Manning       : the summer is very hot. I like spring and autumn weather.
Mrs. Todd            : today is a nice day. The sky is clear, the sun is shining and the wind is blowing.

The Present Tense digunakan pada kegiatan yang berulang. Yakni kegiatan-kegiatan yang dilakukan setiap hari, setiap minggu, dari waktu ke waktu, dan seterusnya. 

Contoh:
He comes to the office every day
He likes flowers very much
We enjoy our yard     

The Present Continuous Tense digunakan untuk menunjukkan kegiatan yang terjadi pada saat sedang berbicara.

Contoh:
My wife is coming home now
Adi is staying with us now
It is raining now

Ada Sejumlah kata kerja dalam bahasa Inggris, seperti hear, see, like, know, understand, remember, believe, dan seterusnya yang jarang mendapat bentuk sedang. Kata-kata ini digunakan untuk menyatakan perbuatan-perbuatan yang dalam kebanyakan hal bersifat involuntary.

Contoh:
I hear her at the door

I see an aeroplane                                                      

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

CARA MUDAH DAN CEPAT MENYELESAIKAN SOAL BAHASA INGGRIS (TO INFINITIVE)

MOVIE (THE MENTALIST) SUBTITLE INDONESIA

CARA MUDAH MEMAHAMI PENGGUNAAN ELIPTIC SENTENCE